Wednesday, October 18, 2006

fall mix cd

I decided to kill that hour between ANTM and Project Runway by finally finishing that mix cd I've been working on. It's a little disjointed, since I haven't bought very many new cds recently and getting the songs into an order that worked ok was trickier than usual. Also I did put some guilty pleasures on and I refuse to be judged!!

Track listing:

1. Portastatic--I'm in love (with Arthur Dove)
2. Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass Rewhipped--Green Peppers
3. Essence--Fever
4. Girl Talk--Bounce That
5. Maximum Joy--Simmer till done
6. Savath and Savalas--Decatur Queen
7. The Fray--How to Save a Life
8. [track from an unreleased album]
9. Asobi Seksu--Thursday
10. Scritti Politti--After Six
11. Gothic Archies--The World is a Very Scary Place
12. Eric Bachmann--Carrboro Woman
13. Richard Buckner--Lucky
14. Velvet Teen--Gyznkid [terrible title, good song]
15. [another secret unreleased track]
16. Long Winters--Clouds
17. Salteens--Look up! Look out!
18. Acid House Kings--Wipe away those tears
19. Bettye Swann--Cover Me
20. Lambchop--Crackers

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG OMG SUPER SECRET TRACKS that don't even have public titles?! Someone's still pretty hooked into the cool tunes biz.

Alicia K. said...

only a little!!

i'm totally clueless on local music though. i know bands i love have released stuff, and have no idea how to get my hands on it. :(

Alicia K. said...

(By local music, I obviously mean Chapel Hill music--I'm still a local at heart!)