Thursday, June 28, 2007

2007 book 92

I have been overwhelmed by books lately--eight books that I've had on hold for months at the library all came in at once, I got tons of awesome freebies at ALA, PLUS I need to start re-reading the Harry Potters! All that AND the next library book discussion group is less than two weeks away! Of course, I was happy to re-read this one and look forward to the discussion:

Sara Gruen's Water for Elephants
This was one of my favorite books of last year, and it still held up on a second reading. It's the story of a 93-year old man who's flashing back to his days as a circus vet in the 1930s, when trains of circuses were wandering America struggling to keep their acts together. Romance, fistfights, and elephants--all the elements of a perfect story are there! It still gets an A.

If I keep up this frenetic pace, I will be well on my way to breaking my previous most-books-read-in-a-year-record (155, in 2005), or at least since I've been keeping track.

No comments: