Sunday, August 11, 2013

2013 book 214

Natalie Brown's The Lovebird
I only finished this book because I'm so tired of leaving books unfinished (nothing seems appealing these days). It's about a limp noodle of a young girl who falls for her Latin professor, and he then introduces her to the world of animal activism. (I will say that Brown totally nails the college student activism scene, full of well-meaning, but idiotic, students.) Then she ends up having to go on the run; at one point she makes a quip about being a white girl who will be saved by magical Native Americans. BUT, that is exactly what happens, and it's like, what, come on. The epilogue also feels totally tacked on. I didn't realize this was women's fiction, but that's what the second half turned out to be. Not really my thing. B/B-.

No comments: