Saturday, May 31, 2014

2014 book 119

Sarah Rees Brennan's Unmade
Well, the final book in Brennan's Lynburn Legacy trilogy (after Unspoken and Untold) is here and . . . I still don't know what I think about this series! I really enjoyed this book, but it is SO goofy! Why don't any of the characters use contractions when they speak--honestly, who TALKS like that? And why do the main couple break up and then make up like 6 times in this book (that's not even counting the many times they did it in the LAST book). And the plot is just silly--none of the characters are effective planners or thinkers in any way. That said, there are some really good setpieces (a particular scene with Kami's mom is almost cinematic) and, like I said, I really did enjoy reading this. But I wish it was less ridiculous. Should be a hit with the teen crowd, at any rate. B+.

__
A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released in September.

No comments: