Sunday, January 28, 2018

2018 book 17

Chelsey Johnson's Stray City
This book has been getting SO MUCH buzz, and I was like, well, it can’t live up to the hype, but it seems interesting, let’s give it a look-see, and then I just sat and read it all in one sitting because it really is that GOOD. I feel like describing the plot doesn’t do it justice, so the quick version is: a young lesbian woman in Portland in the late 90s, coming off a bad breakup, gets involved with a DUDE and ends up pregnant. But that is almost all besides the point to me; it is so much more about community and found families and love and hope and growing up and art. It’s just wonderful. Seriously, I was just engrossed and enchanted the entire time. A.

__
A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released in March.

No comments: