Monday, June 11, 2018

2018 book 94

Sarah Rees Brennan's In Other Lands
I just read this a few months ago, but I wanted the details to be fresh since we're reading it for book club this month! (We're actually still a week or so out, but I am getting so many texts and emails about it that I need to be able to respond accurately.) Anyway, I remembered that it was funny, but not that it was cackling-out-loud funny, as cranky asshole protagonist Elliot, a bisexual Jewish nerd, ends up in a militaristic fantasy land (full of matriarchal elven warrior maidens, harpies, mermaids, etc) and turns things on their head. I love it. POOR LUKE, though, haha. I mean, also, poor Elliot, I relate to him strongly in many ways. A great read.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.