Tuesday, December 03, 2019

2019 book 155

C.M. Waggoner's Unnatural Magic
This is just the sort of book I’ve been wanting to read, full of adventure and magic and romance and powerful ladies getting shit done. In this case, the powerful ladies are a young girl who wants to be a wizard (despite societal sexism), and a young troll woman who befriends an injured soldier. Also, there is a murder mystery!! (Though it’s not too hard to figure out.) Both storylines and all three characters are great, and when they eventually come together, it’s even more awesome. This is one of those stories I was so caught up in, I didn’t even notice when the cat got onto my lap. I love being totally engrossed. Anyway, I will definitely read whatever Waggoner writes next, and I hope it’s something else set in this world. A/A-.

No comments: