Wednesday, December 30, 2020

2020 book 244

 Victoria Goddard's The Return of Fitzroy Angursell

I periodically search on Amazon to see if there's a new Goddard book out, and it was a nice end of the year surprise this time to find one! This one is a sequel to Hands of the Emperor, and finds the Emperor off on his planned quest, to maybe find new friends....and old ones? I have one friend who also reads these and I admit to messaging her, first because the description of the book (and the title) confirms something that’s been hinted at, but also just to say “AAAHHH” several times, because I was EXCITED ABOUT STUFF. If you, like me, have been looking for gentler fantasy books to read, you gotta read Goddard. I love this world. I want to bathe in it like the Emperor does in his Imperial bathroom. A.

No comments: