Sunday, June 26, 2022

2022 book 108

 Olivia Atwater's Small Miracles

This was SO EXACTLY what I was in the mood to read that I bought it and read it all immediately. I was really in the mood for queer fantasy books and this fit the bill and then some! I enjoyed Atwater's Regency-era fantasy books, but this is playing more in the Good Omens sandbox, as a former-guardian-angel-turned-fallen-angel-of-petty-temptations (I agree that having one more chocolate should not be a sin), after losing a bet, has to try and tempt a certain woman into doing some petty sins so heaven can make sure she’s enjoying life a little. So this is MOSTLY fluffy, lots of baked goods, lots of angel-related antics, but does deal with some serious topics, which gives the story needed weight. But it is just delightful and funny and well-written, which makes it super enjoyable. Also, thank you for having angels that prefer the Jewish interpretations of scripture. 😹 A. 

No comments: