Tuesday, September 27, 2022

2022 book 165

 Naomi Novik's The Golden Enclaves

It's hard to talk about the very-anticipated third book in a trilogy without being spoiler-y, but I will try! So I'll start by saying the cliffhanger from the second book IS addressed, and also it's confirmed that El is bi. I had certain expectations for where the story would go, and Novik definitely subverted those almost completely, mostly in cool and exciting ways. This was super action-packed and had some great character moments, even if I did cry way more about the second one. My minor complaint is that the climactic scene did not feel climactic enough, and on a related note, I wanted a teeny bit more from the ending, bc I don't think Novik plans to revisit this world. But don't think I'm not into this, I totally will reread all three books front to back in the near future. A/A-.

No comments: