Wednesday, March 29, 2023

2023 book 55

 Emily Tesh's Some Desperate Glory

When I’m reading a book, a little part of my brain is kind of composing the little summary I end up writing here, and for the first chunk of this I was like “it’s a sci-fi book about a teen girl raised to be a soldier who totally buys into everything she’s been told, but when she and her brother's crush escape their space station to rescue her brother, she begins to realize she’s been naive.” And “I was eager to keep reading, even though I was occasionally annoyed by the main characters being teen dummies.” And then the second half of this book hits and I was ALL IN. This was SO GOOD. This was smart, and beautiful. I loved this. A.


__

A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released on Tuesday.

No comments: