Saturday, October 28, 2023

2023 book 199

 Leonie Swann's Three Bags Full

I read a good review of this years ago and added it to my to-read list, but every time I considered buying it, I’d be like, it’s a book about a flock of sheep investigating the murder of their shepherd! And would read something else. But somehow people on Bluesky organized a book club around it, and if Tressie McMillan Cottom is reading the sheep mystery, then I also am reading the sheep mystery! And actually, it was pretty great? I loved the writing and the narrative voice and each and every sheep. I did find the mystery's solution to be unsatisfying, but everything else about this was so good that is almost didn’t matter. Hooray for sheep! A/A-.

UPDATE: I went to add this to Storygraph and I READ IT BEFORE BACK IN 2007! 

No comments: