Sunday, December 10, 2023

2023 book 224

 Connie Willis' Blackout

I started reading this after I read Doomsday Book, but I couldn’t handle any more stress after that one and put it down for another day (which ended up being this weekend after I saw one of my friends talking about it). Because it is somewhat stressful, involving three time traveling historians who end up stranded in England during WWII, and they don’t know why they can’t get home (neither does the reader). It is also a little confusing, since there are a lot of POV sections (and some name changes?). And also, it’s really the first volume of a longer story so there isn’t really a conclusion (luckily I can jump right into the next book). But still, I liked it a lot? Great characters and I’m so excited to see where their stories go. A-.

No comments: