Monday, April 29, 2024

2024 book 84

 Lindsay King-Miller's The Z Word

So I am a HUGE wuss and am particularly not into zombies, but this was so fun that I didn’t even mind? The official description says “it’s the queer zombie romp you didn’t know you needed” and I can’t argue with that! The main character is dealing with queer angst as Pride kicks off and she's still hung up on her ex-girlfriend, but then things start getting weird and violent. Great characters here (I was partial to the very awesome pizza delivery person) and a fairly realistic look at a response to a zombie outbreak, I mean, considering. Lol. Obviously things get over the top but like, again, zombies. VERY FUN READ. I hope this becomes a movie. A/A-.


__

A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released on May 7th.

No comments: