Thursday, August 27, 2026

2026 book 180

 Riley Bauer’s Face Off

The second book in this gay hockey series involves two teammates who hate each other (or DO they) but have to co-parent a pair of bonded kittens. Lol. The impression I’m getting from these books is that hooking up with a guy makes you better at playing hockey together, bc of vibes or something? I only briefly played team sports and did not hook up with any field hockey teammates, but maybe I’d have been better if I had? 😹 Minor complaints: the inevitable third act drama is annoying; some bits are repetitive and I never remembered which POV was which when that happened so I wasn't sure if they were both noticing the same things or if the author was just recycling sentences about the cats. The inevitable outside friend character isn't developed at all. I liked it anyway!! I’m invested in the cats!! B+.

No comments:

Post a Comment