Tuesday, February 24, 2015

2015 book 46

Judith Claire Mitchell's A Reunion of Ghosts
Now THIS was right up my alley, dealing as it did with history, family, Judaism, tragedy, and sisters. The whole book is actually the suicide note of a trio of forty-something sisters, but it also tells their family history--and all about the curse on their family, since after all, the sins of the father will be visited unto the fourth generation. And their great-grandfather's actions as a German Jew during WWI were definitely pretty sinful. The three sisters are just great, great characters, and I loved their relationships with each other. I wasn't sure how things would wrap up, but found the ending very satisfying--I won't say anything more so as not to ruin things for anyone else, except: I really, really liked this. A/A-.

__
A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released in March.

No comments: