Friday, August 19, 2022

2022 book 141

 Rachel Neumeier's Tuyo

I think I saw this on a list of RIYL Hands of the Emperor, which I do, so I figured I’d give it a go. It is a different sort of story but the vibe is there for sure. It’s about a young warrior from the winter tribes who's left as a sort of sacrifice for their enemies from the summer nation, but instead their leader decides not to kill him because he finds their war suspect, and sure enough, both groups soon discover they have a common enemy. So there is a fair amount of war stuff in this, but also a lot of cool camaraderie, family feelings, friendships and alliances, honor, magic, and some amazing women (the winter tribes have an interesting structure where the women are in charge of all the social/economic stuff). I’m excited to check more of this series out. A/A-.

No comments: