Thursday, January 21, 2021

2021 book 20

 Kristen Britain's Green Rider

Back to reading epic fantasy series I’ve never read before! This is a solid start to a series, focusing on a young girl who runs away from school after being suspended, only to encounter one of the king's mysterious messengers dying on the road. He begs her to complete his mission (I feel like I’ve read another book with this premise?) and soon she's sucked into a whole new world of magic and intrigue and politics. I will say the first half of this book is one of those endless journeys (though she does meet some awesome characters along the way), but eventually she makes it where she's going and things pick up. Occasionally there is a bit of awkward writing and there is an attempted rape, but otherwise I enjoyed this a lot. It sets the scene with some interesting worldbuilding and makes me psyched to check out the next one. A-.

No comments: