Monday, May 24, 2021

2021 book 116

 Claire Kann's The Marvelous 

I seriously just read this all in one sitting because it was SO FUN. I rarely read YA anymore and haven’t read much contemporary stuff recently either, but I enjoyed a previous book by Kann and it sounded cool. It’s about a group of six teens/college students (varying ages but pretty much all PoC and several are queer) who are invited to a mysterious weekend at the mysterious house of a woman who is a famous heiress/actress/social media maven, and there’s a game to be played with a million dollars at stake. I loved all these kids and just really enjoyed the heck out of this book. I am definitely going to make my book club read it. A.


__

A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released on June 8th.

No comments: