Monday, July 04, 2022

2022 book 111

 Christie Golden's Dark Disciple

This Star Wars novel is based on a whole unproduced story arc from The Clone Wars, wherein the Jedi Council sends one of their own to team up with Asajj Ventress to assassinate Count Dooku. But like, this is exactly my problem with all the Clone Wars-era stories: WE KNOW HOW THEY END! There are occasionally nice moments and plenty of cool action moments but there is never a bit of hope, and this mission obviously isn’t going to go well. I will say I had a hard time reading parts of it because Ventress training Quinlan in the dark side involves a lot of animal murder. I thought both characters and their relationship were well written but the end PISSED ME OFF. Time for another one of my “justice for pop culture ladies” shirts. B/B+.

No comments: