Sunday, February 19, 2023

2023 book 35

 Temi Oh's Do You Dream of Terra-Two

So let me start by saying all of my issues with this book are because I didn’t realize at first that it was YA, so when teen drama/tragedy kicks in a few chapters in, it totally took me out of the plot, because who in their right mind would send teens on a space mission???? To back up, this is a novel about a group of (racially diverse) teens who have been trained to go on a twenty-three year space journey to settle an inhabited planet (there are also like four actual adults on board, which makes having teens even SILLIER, like don’t get me started, I could go off about psychological testing and brain development for a WHILE). I wanted to read a book about a space journey, I did not want to read a book full of teens being melodramatic/having mental breakdowns/beating each other up/having romances in space. Now, if you like YA books and/or sci-fi, this may totally be up your alley, but it wasn’t for me. B.

No comments: