Saturday, February 25, 2023

2023 book 38

 Malka Older's The Mimicking of Known Successes

HECK YES, I am fist-pumping about how much I enjoyed this book! It’s a sci-fi academic mystery!! It has cute awkward lesbians!! I am here for this!!!! Anyway, the main character is an academic on Jupiter (where humanity fled after effing up Earth too much), who is drawn into an investigation of a missing colleague, bc the Investigator is her college girlfriend and needs her input. I am actually not sure how well the mystery elements worked, per se, but the brisk pace kept things moving along enough that I never really questioned it, and obviously I was into the characters/world. Very entertaining, and I am excited for the sequel. A.


__

A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released on March 7th.

No comments: