Tuesday, July 11, 2023

2023 book 128

 M.A. Carrick's The Liar's Knot

Seriously, I am honestly mad I never read these books sooner, because they are SO GOOD. I forgot to mention in my review of the first one that Carrick is actually a pen name for two authors working together, Marie Brennan (author of the Lady Trent books, among others) and Alyc Helms (who I've never read, but will be checking out), and they are firing on all cylinders together. The pacing is *chef's kiss*--secrets the reader knows are revealed in a timely manner, miscommunications are cleared up, etc. But there is just so much good stuff here, with balancing secret identities and dealing with corruption/politics, and friends and family, and various forms of magic, and even a little romance.... I love all three of the main characters and all their friends and allies and can't believe how packed with awesome this series is. A.

No comments: