Saturday, July 29, 2023

2023 book 142

 Seanan McGuire's Sleep No More

This is the SEVENTEENTH book in this series, good gravy. But actually, it was my favorite in a long time since it’s doing something totally new: everyone is trapped in a remade version of the world after the events of the previous book, and they have no memories of their real lives. Well… not /everyone/. I loved seeing how things went down in this book, and I really enjoyed the characters and seeing weird funhouse versions of them (but the sea witch remains my fave). There's also a novella at the end about what happened to two of Toby's wayward teens during the above. One of these days I’m going to reread this entire series from the beginning and my mind will be blown and just how much this one character has gone through. A/A-.


__

A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released on September 5th.

No comments: