Monday, August 19, 2024

2024 book 135

 Julie E. Czerneda's A Turn of Light

It took me a hella long time to read this, partially because it's over 800 pages, and partially because I was still getting over covid. But I really liked it! It has guardian toads and carnivorous horses, and dragons and magic, and some romance, and lots of mysterious things going on, but also a whole village of cool people hanging out and harvesting and stuff. The main storyline involves a young girl who dreams of seeing the world, until she finds out she can’t leave her village because of magical reasons, and she learns she herself has magic and comes to understand it. I don't remember where I saw this recommended but I'm glad I did, it was very satisfying. And there's even a sequel AND a third one is coming out next month! Perfect timing. (I might take a break before the sequel, though, just to give my brain a break and read something a little quicker.) A.

No comments: