Sunday, August 05, 2007

2007 book 119

Lynn Harris' Death by Chick Lit
I looooved Harris' writing when I was in college (back during the Breakup Girl website days--now she does freelance stuff. I sometimes see parenting-related stuff she does for Salon), so when I saw she had written this goofy-looking mystery, I had to check it out. The premise is that a sort-of-unsuccessful writer Lola (who clearly is a little bit autobiographical) gets caught up in a series of murders--but all the victims are very successful chick lit authors! Lola takes up the investigation--but is she famous enough to be on the hit list??? Anyway, this was very funny, although very New York. I'll give it a A-.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, thank you so much for the kind words. I'm pleased to let you know that these days are STILL "the Breakup Girl days" -- come find us at www.breakupirl.net and at lifetimetv.com (and Lifetime mobile). http://lifetimetv.com/lifestyle/relationships

Again, thanks!

Lynn Harris