Wednesday, May 28, 2008

2008 books 72 ad 73

I reread two classics today:

Audrey Niffenegger's The Time Traveler's Wife
I think it had been like four years since I last read this, and it was jsut as good on reread. I remember that after I recommended it to Christina, she was mad b/c it was kind of a sad book--but I think I like books like that. I think it's rare for bestsellers to be such interesting and well-written stories, and this was a pleasure to reread.

Dianna Wynne Jones' Howl's Moving Castle
Of course, there's nothing wrong with happy endings! Rereading this makes me disappointed again in how the movie came out--and I love Miyazaki. But he did kind of drop the ball with this hilarious and touching twist on fairy tales.

1 comment:

christinamerge said...

I wasn't mad, per sais, I just wasn't prepared. I did love the book, and I think the movie is going to be good!