Friday, February 12, 2010

2010 book 43

Kristin Cashore's Graceling
So the second book in this YA fantasy series came out recently, and was getting good reviews, and I was all, oh I should read those, but then it seemed like they were about a girl assassin or something and I was like eh, but then Emma was like, no seriously it's good and you should read it, so I did and it was awesome!

Anyway, it's a fantasy land where some people are graced (with a capital G) with various gifts like cooking, only our protagonist is graced with killing and her uncle the king uses her as an intimidation device, siccing her on various people he wants punished. Of course she has her own secrets, and meets a prince from a neighboring kingdom with his own graces, and they go on a mission together and it's all surprisingly moving and sinister and great. And I'm getting the second one for my Kindle right now! A.

No comments: