Friday, October 22, 2010

Photo0091.jpg


Photo0091.jpg
Originally uploaded by wordnerdy
The Love Language is back in town after some massive cross-country touring, and their welcome home show at New King's pretty much rocked my proverbial socks off. The audience was practically genuflecting to their awesomeness, and I am not even making that up or exaggerating. Also, there were lots of kids with glow sticks. C and K and I danced the night away; I especially enjoyed the string section (I actually had to move a little to avoid being whacked in the face by one of the cello player's bows) and their contribution to an especially earnest Smashing Pumpkins cover.

Still, it's the original numbers that rocked the hardest. Oh, Love Language, I love you!

ETA: Video of the aforementioned cover, via the Merge Blog.

No comments: