Wednesday, December 08, 2010

best music of 2010!

I don't think I'm going to be buying any more new CDs this year, so here are my top ten releases of 2010 in alphabetical order!

Gayngs--Related
Janelle Monae--The ArchAndroid
Love Language--Libraries
Magic Kids--Memphis
Mates of State--Crushes
Rabbit--Connect the Dots
Scott Pilgrim Soundtrack!
Sleigh Bells--Treats
Superchunk--Digging for Something
Teenage Fanclub--Shadows

I also enjoyed songs this year by Tennis, Best Coast, Wavves, Broken Bells, Bird and the Bee doing Hall and Oates, Radio Dept., The Salteens, Lissie, and a whole bunch of others. It was a fun year for music and I can't wait for 2011!

3 comments:

g said...

Oh man. Janelle Monae is my new crush. She's amazing.

Marianne said...

It was a terrific year for music! My son turned me onto Bonjay and I think you might like her based on your musical tastes!

Alicia K. said...

Thanks for the heads-up, Marianne!

I should say I also really enjoyed Belle and Sebastian, Arcade Fire, and Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings this year!