Monday, February 13, 2012

2012 book 42

Gail Carriger's Soulless
I've meant to read this series for ages--does anything sound more appealing than a Victorian-era fantasy series involving vampires, werewolves, and a woman with the ability to negate their powers with a touch? Or is that just me? Well, if that didn't convince you, let me assure you that the writing is full of sly humor, the inevitable romance is actually well-done (and somewhat swoon-worthy), and the whole thing is entirely entertaining. A/A-.

2 comments:

ahartsell said...

tI love that series! I like that the mythology/world building is fairly unique. At least I've never seen a story that makes the vampires and werewolves have excess soul instead of no soul.

Alicia K. said...

Great point, I'm on the third book now (this series is super addictive) and looking forward to getting more info on how the soul thing works. Also I hope to see more ghosts!