Thursday, December 13, 2012

2012 book 356

Louise Erdrich's Love Medicine
I have read--and loved--all of Erdrich's books, but many of those readings predate this blog and I really wanted to reacquaint myself with her Ojibwe novels (all of which involve the same families). Lady Doctor Book Club is actually reading this next month, but I was tired of waiting to read it and finally just went for it. It's actually even better than I remembered, which is kind of silly, since it won a million awards and was highly acclaimed. It mostly centers on the Kashpaw and Nanapush families living on a reservation in North Dakota, and their many interrelationships over the years. And, particularly, how everyone is affected when one woman dies. I'll definitely be revisiting more of these in the coming weeks (unfortunately, several of the books aren't available as e-books, which makes me less likely to pick them up). Anyway, Love Medicine rules, as do all Erdrich books. A.

No comments: