Monday, November 30, 2015

2015 book 277

Becky Albertalli's Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda
I have read a lot of positive reviews of this book, so I don't know why I only just got around to reading it now (maybe FYA book club has me burned out on contemporary YA). It is a super cute book about Simon, a gay high school sophomore, who has been anonymously emailing with a classmate who is ALSO gay--when their correspondence is discovered by a guy who decides to casually blackmail Simon into helping him get with one of his girl friends. Like Simon doesn't have enough to deal with with trying to come out, trying to figure out who he's falling for over email, and dealing with other high school stuff (like the school play) and family stuff. Like I said, it is all pretty cute, and if it wraps up a little too neatly, well, the world could do with a few more nice gay romance books. A-.

No comments: