Wednesday, June 12, 2019

2019 book 73

Kate Racculia's Tuesday Mooney Talks to Ghosts
I loved both of Racculia's previous books, and honestly have spent the several years since Bellweather Rhapsody periodically googling to see when she might have a new one out. And now she does, and it's DELIGHTFUL. I had to keep putting it down so I wouldn't just tear through it. It centers on the titular Tuesday Mooney, a prospect researcher (this means nothing to most of you, but I have several friends in the field) who--along with her only friend, and a very clever neighbor kid, and a handsome and very wealthy young man, and a cast of other characters--gets sucked into a treasure hunt spurred by the eccentric will of a Boston billionaire. VERY shades of The Westing Game. Oh, also, she is maybe being haunted by her childhood best friend who disappeared mysteriously when they were teens. I loved everything about this book, big-time. I feel like I’m making it sound quirky-cute, but Racculia balances whimsy and realism really well, and there are some darker moments. Anyway, SO GOOD. A.


__
A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released in October.

1 comment:

Christina said...

My only complaint about this book was that I feel like the game was left incomplete - even if for GOOD REASON!