Monday, July 15, 2019

2019 book 86

Casey McQuiston's Red, White, and Royal Blue
Y'all know YA romances are not really my jam, but this was sooooo cuuuuuute. Our protagonist is the First Son, son of the first woman president, who accidentally causes a bit of a scandal with an English prince--so now the two have to pretend to be bros to stave off the bad publicity for both countries. But will a romance cause even MORE scandal??? Their growing friendship (and MORE!) mostly worked for me, plus I liked that they were both in their 20s and not in high school, so I was more invested in their lives and in them working things out. Just a really nice and cathartic read. A-.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Was this supposed to be YA?! It was waay dirtier (in a good way!) than I think of YA being. Alex did remind me of the kid from In Other Lands, though! I loved it so much and the author went to LSU!