Monday, April 06, 2020

2020 book 73

Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan's The Heir Affair
Ooooh, it’s the sequel to The Royal We! It’s not out till July, but since it was my birthday and I had to spend it in social isolation, I read this as a treat, and was duly entertained/distracted. I don’t want to give too much away, so I’ll say that it picks up not long after the end of The Royal We, and goes to some interesting places, dealing with hardships in marriage and with uncovering past royal secrets. I am not sure this sequel was necessary, but it was a good read and nice to see these characters again (Bea remains a real standout). Can't wait to reread and discuss with my book club when it’s officially released! A-/B+.

__
A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released in July.

No comments: