Sunday, January 24, 2021

2021 book 21

 Kristen Britain's First Rider's Call

Oh my god, there is so much going on in this book, which makes for an exciting read (except for the depressing parts), but then when you want to summarize it you’re just like . . . I mean, this has ghosts, and accidental time travel, and the rise of various evils, and mental and physical battles, and politics, and a little bit of romance, and grief and pain and injury and illusions magic going awry and I don’t even know what all. And that is interspersed with a diary from long ago, chronicling the rise of the first great evil (the evil is IMPERIALISM, and also a mad dude obsessed with magic). I do like these characters though and I guess will keep reading this series? Content warning for mentions of rape and child abuse. B/B+.

No comments: