Wednesday, January 17, 2024

2024 book 12

 L.M. Montgomery's Emily of New Moon

When this essay ran in the NYT last month, of course Christina and Arianne and I were discussing it, which led to this month's book club pick! This was one I owned as a child but I never reread it as often as the Anne books. (I think Anne is more interesting and I like the characters and relationships in those much more.) This has a lot more Christianity than the Anne books, as well. There are some fun and funny parts, and beautiful descriptions of scenery, but some of this is very tiresome, and some is just creepy. I have a feeling book club is not going to be into this. In fact, upon finishing, I discovered that last time I read it, I rated it two stars, so I guess I wasn’t that into it either. ;)

No comments: