Saturday, April 06, 2024

2024 book 75

 Rainbow Rowell’s Slow Dance

It’s my birthday, and as a birthday treat I read this ARC! I love the way Rowell writes characters and feelings and characters talking about feelings and I knew this wouldn’t disappoint. And it didn’t! Her first adult novel in years is sort of a second chance romance, focusing on newly divorced Shiloh and her high school best friend Cary, who meet for the first time in years at a wedding. And the story flashes back and forth between their high school years, and the adult years they spent apart, and their college years, and them in the now (well, 2006) as they try and figure their shit out. And I do love a book where nice people figure their shit out. Very relatable and vividly drawn characters, as Rowell does so well. So satisfying. A.


__

A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released in July.


(I tagged this as LGBTQ because Shiloh is queer, but this is an m/f romance.)

No comments: