Friday, August 07, 2009

2009 books 156, 157, 158, 159

Here are some books I read while longing for my laptop back!

Kim Harrison's Dead Witch Walking
Blah blah urban fantasy where a witch and a vampire team up to be bounty hunters or something, only mostly the witch is avoiding a hit her old boss put out on her. There were a few exciting moments but mostly this was boring and I won't be reading the sequels.

Alison Bechdel's Fun Home
This was slightly less awesome than I remembered.

Julia Alvarez's In the Time of the Butterflies
This also seemed less awesome than on previous rereads. Maybe it was just the cranky, computerless mood I was in.

Neil Gaiman's Brief Lives
This is my favorite Sandman volume, I think. Can't go wrong w/ a good road trip story.

I do apparently have some good library books waiting for me, but ran out and am rereading stuff till I can get back over there.

Also, twitter is being super annoying and not posting my updates. Still, it's really, really nice to have my laptop back. Please do let me know about any important internet things I may have missed from the last few days, since I'm mostly marking the 700ish items in Google Reader as read.

No comments: