Thursday, August 06, 2020

2020 book 151

Robin Stevens' Death Sets Sail
Taking a lil break from time traveling sci fi stories to read the conclusion of one of my FAVORITE series, the Wells and Wong Detective Society books (weep weep). As the title perhaps indicates, this one is a tribute to Agatha Christie’s Death on the Nile (which I have read, though it’s not at all necessary in order to enjoy this book). Anyway, Daisy and Hazel and the usual gang are all on a cruise on the Nile, but unfortunately some of the other passengers are a weird British cult pretending to be reincarnated pharaohs.  And then their head is murdered and the girls have to solve the case (with a little help, of course). The mystery itself here is fine, but I’m in this for the characters and they do not disappoint. This is the final book in this series, but Stevens is working on a new series about Hazel's irrepressible littlest sister, and I can’t wait. Also, side note, I was pretty sure I could trust Stevens, but it is a relief that I did not have to write a scathing review of this. A-.

No comments: