Tuesday, August 25, 2020

2020 book 165

 Natalie Zina Walschots' Hench

OK, I am probably the target audience for this book, but like OMG THIS BOOK!!! It's about a young (bisexual) woman who gets by doing data entry jobs for a Henchman Temp Agency, working for whatever villain comes along. And then a job goes wrong and she's badly injured--by a beloved hero. And then things really start cooking. I loved this. The narrative voice, the pacing, I could easily have read this in one sitting. I will say the ending is kind of .... unsettling .... and there are a few unresolved plot points (especially regarding the best friend character), which makes me wonder if (hope!) a sequel is in the works. This is a good companion to the Harley Quinn tv series (which I also love). A/A-.


__

A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released in September.

No comments: