Monday, February 08, 2021

2020 book 35

 Rachel Aaron's Nice Dragons Finish Last

I’m catching up on this series (I think two new ones have come out since I last checked in) and decid ed to start from the beginning, since I didn’t remember anything except that I liked them, and I’ve been in the mood for series anyway. Anyway, this takes place in nearish-future Detroit, after a bunch of magical things happen, and now there's a bunch of magic. Our protagonists are a young dragon from a large clan, who's being punished and threatened with death if he doesn't get his dragon act together, and a young mage whose father was murdered and now she's on the run from the Vegas mob. These characters are both cute and powerful, there's a lot of family squabbling (which I love), lots of fun plotting, the start of a lil romance, hints at big things to come, etc. Plus solid writing, for sure. This is going to be a fun series to get back into! A-.

No comments: