Thursday, February 11, 2021

2020 book 38

 Rachel Aaron's A Dragon of a Different Color

The problem here is that I am VERY invested in all the dragon shenanigans, enjoying the politics and family relationships and wondering when certain secrets will be revealed and rooting for certain romances and certain friendships--but while I like Marci a lot, I don't really care about her magical adventures on her own. Get your powers and reunite with Julius, already! And I SUPER don't care about the villains of the piece monologuing at length. I was so eager for those sections to be done so I could find out what dragon things were happening. Anyway, eventually it all comes together in a satisfying manner, more or less. Looking forward to seeing how they save the day in the next one. B/B+.

No comments: