Monday, December 12, 2022

2022 book 220

 Elizabeth Moon's Victory Conditions 

Well, I didn’t really love this last volume of this series. There were plenty of enjoyable moments, but way too much time was spent on a shoehorned-in romance. Like literally I think there was one sentence in an earlier book suggesting the dude has feelings for the protagonist, and there was no buildup here, they are just in love and angsty about it (but in an annoying way). I will say I also found many of his sections really awkwardly written for some reason, and very repetitive. Even the was stuff was kind of boring! The big battle was not satisfying at all. There are also so many unresolved subplots! I still enjoy all the family relationships, but I don’t know if I’m going to bother with the sequel series. B.

No comments: