Monday, July 17, 2006

Multimedia message


Multimedia message
Originally uploaded by wordnerdy.



hey, check it out! i saw my first show in tallahassee tonight! i was delighted and surprised to discover earlier today that hotel lights would be at the beta bar tonight, so i dragged a coworker out so i could get all blissed out on one of my favorite chapel hill bands. openers were the local collar hollis (a dude with a guitar--i liked his songs, but he went on a little too long for a dude with a guitar. you know i lack patience for these things) and jennifer o'connor (who apparently is signed to matador). then, hotel lights!!! there was a criminally low turnout but the band rocked it out for us anyway and i was just thrilled to see them and even more thrilled to hear all my favorite songs of theirs. excuse this crappy cameraphone picture of them; i didn't bring my real camera to the show. by the way, i loved the beta bar, it was just like all the other rock clubs i've known and loved, and my coworker said that he could definitely picture me hanging out there often. i guess it depends what bands come through. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY for a return to normalcy!