Thursday, July 23, 2009

P7220098


P7220098
Originally uploaded by wordnerdy
xxmerge night one was amazing! Things started off w/ Pure, who I'd never even heard of, but quickly picked back up with a Lou Barlow-Oakley Hall-Clientele-Magnetiic Fields-Rosebuds lineup (I left before Conor Oberst came on. I am not a fan of him or his wacky hat). Anywya, it was a great show. Lou Barlow is still one of the only dudes with a guitar who can make me pay attention, Oakley Hall has such awesome energy live, the Clientele and Magnetic Fields played all their hits (though the latter was attacked by a huge flying bug of some sort--I kept hoping someone taped that for youtube!). And y'all know I love the Rosebuds. They're great live b/c instead of just playing stuff from whatever their latest album is, they play the songs that are best to dance to! And closed things off with an audience singalong to "Nice Fox"--such a great end to the evening.

This photo is of Ivan Rosebud about to rock out. Excuse the poor quality of my photos; I was too busy enjoying myself to take the time to get good photos too! Also excuse the photo below this--I was testing the flickr to twitter thing and apparently sent it to my blog instead. You can see that my cameraphone is kind of sub-par anyway.

Can't wait for tonight!

No comments: