Sunday, July 26, 2009

P7250089


P7250089
Originally uploaded by wordnerdy
Night 4 of xxmerge was AMAZING! (And I say that having missed the first two bands due to my work schedule--apparently Telekinesis and Erectus Monotone both rocked.) Still, I got to see four GREAT bands perform--Ladybug Transistor, who are always fun live, M. Ward, who put on an incredible set w/ a full band (and an encore featuring Zooey Deschanel on the Beatles' "Birthday", which I did not get a picture of), a solo Destroyer set (check this awesome photo!) punctuated by drunk Christina shouts, and Imperial Teen, who were my favorite band when I was 16, and who played several songs from the album I almost wore out back then ("You're One" was like the third song in their set and when I realized they were playing it I almost started crying, but twittered about it instead). Also they had adorable color-coordinated clothes. An amazing end to the Cat's Cradle shows, and tongiht we get to rock out w/ Wye Oak (and American Music Club and She & Him of course!).


Plus the show ended early enough for a trip to OCSC, where I discovered my new staple drink (Firefly and Coke) and then to Time Out for cheddar biscuits and boxes of bones. Awesome.

2 comments:

k8 said...

Nice photo.

And Imperial Teen! Yay! I might've cried at "You're One" too. Surly just introduced me to them last year, and i was like "OMG where have you been all of my life?!"

christinamerge said...

great photo of Beej!