Sunday, May 30, 2010

2010 book 138

Sarah Addison Allen's The Sugar Queen
I really enjoyed Allen's latest book so figured I'd check out her previous one. I liked it just as much--it nicely straddles the line between being too heartwarming and being just heartwarming enough. This one involves a woman who lives with her bossy mother and has no life of her own (though she does harbor a secret crush) and what happens to her when a woman on the run comes to live in her closet, and when she befriends a woman who has the power to attract books (I wish I had that power!). A/A-.

3 comments:

ahartsell said...

You should definitely read Garden Spells too! I just got her latest one from the library :) I always like the covers on her books.

Alicia K. said...

Cool, I'll definitely add it to my to-read list!

Christina said...

The book thing was the best part of this book! She writes great easy reads - I enjoyed this one on the beach.