Sunday, May 08, 2011

2011 book 104

Rainbow Rowell's Attachments
It's 1999, and Lincoln is an IT guy at a newspaper whose job is to monitor the company emails--and who quickly gets engaged in the semi-dramatic lives of Beth and Jennifer (movie critic and copy editor, respectively), one of whom has a musician boyfriend, the other of whom is ambivalent about starting a family. Of course he starts to fall for one of them--but things quickly become more complicated. I'm just going to say that I LOVED this book. OK, maybe it's not always entirely believable, but I didn't even care. The friendship between Beth and Jennifer is especially a highlight. GREAT read. A. Christina, I think you'd like this one!

2 comments:

Christina said...

I can't remember if I took your recommendation or if I read about this in EW, but either way - you were right! I loved this one. Such a great light read and the emails were very true-to-life!

I also enjoyed this book even more because I had my feet in my new "beach" while I read it!

Alicia K. said...

YAY on all counts. :)